Korean-Inspired Short Ribs Recipe
SHORT RIBS (advanced)
makes ~4 servings
8 Short Ribs
1 cup beef broth (low sodium)
1 cup dry red wine
1 cup water
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce (tamari for GF)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup gochujang chili paste
4 cloves garlic chopped
1 inch nob of ginger chopped
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Combine all ingredients (except short ribs) in a pot and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir to ensure all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Sear short ribs in a separate pan and then place in a casserole dish or dutch oven.
4. Pour hot braising liquid over ribs and place in oven.
5. Bake for 4 hours, turning short ribs every hour.
Once done baking, remove short ribs from liquid and set aside.
6. Pour braising liquid into the pot you previously used and reduce by half to create sauce.
works with crock pots and instant pots too! Follow appliance
instructions for braising meats and finish off the ribs with more
sauce and a broil in the oven for extra caramelization.
Serve short ribs with your favorite sides – we recommend mashed potatoes or cauliflower, rice and your favorite vegetables. Roasted brussels sprouts are always a great winter option. Serve with the reduced sauce on the side to be poured over ribs and sides as desired.
We want to see how you do! If you do make these short ribs at home, take a picture and tag us @whiskeybird or share with us at the restaurant. We look forward to hearing how this changes up your family dinner routine.